Saturday, August 4, 2012

REVIEW: Keisei Skyliner

On my way back from the Tokyo Disney Resort I took a few different trains to get to one of the main stations and from there I then got on the Keisei Skyliner. This is a train that travels directly from Ueno/Nippori to the Narita Airport. I found the train really simple to use (as long as you had an IC card) and affordable. The train ride from Nippori to the Airport was under 60 minutes and incredibly comfortable. There was a place to store your luggage and from my knees to the seat back in front of me was about 1.5 feet of space. There were tray tables where you could work on whatever you liked and electrical outlets so that you could plug in your electronic devices.

As far as the train itself there were rest rooms and a food car even though it was just a short trip. It would have been nice to know this on my trip to the resort with my mom because mom would have had the chance to have some food and use the rest room before we started making our way through the other stations. I cannot say that this is bad on behalf of the actual train or business that is the train though because I honestly was not paying attention at the time or we would have taken advantage of that.

Overall I give this service a 9 our of 10. It would have been a 10 our of 10 if purchasing tickets would have been slightly easier. Maybe it is that I do not spend a lot of time in Tokyo but when I was trying to get off they asked me either for a paper ticket or to put down my IC card. Luckily I had my IC card but I have no idea where I would have gotten one of the paper tickets. I am certainly going to use this service again.

No comments:

Post a Comment