Thursday, January 31, 2013

Korean Cosmetics - Worth The Hype?

Our story starts off with a quest for a new facial cleanser. The weather here in Okinawa has been very dry recently and my skin's answer to that is to put as much oil on the surface of my face as possible. I had just run out of my last bottle of facial cleanser and so it was time to head out and get something new. My first stop was Donky (a new discount store here in Ginowan). They have a huge cosmetic section and I couldn't say no to the discounted prices. After looking around for about 10 minutes I finally picked up something and headed to the register.

The cleanser that I chose was a Korean product which to be honest I was excited to try. There are a lot of people all over the internet who talk about how much they like Korean cosmetics so I figured that this would be a great chance to wee if they were worth the hype. That night I opened the cleanser and was pleasantly surprised with the rich smell of the cleanser. It smelled like fresh squeezed lemons. After using the cleanser itself I was even more pleased. My face felt great and was no longer oily (which had been a challenge even for the last cleanser that I had purchased).

As I finished up my night time routine I couldn't help but think if this was the reason that these Korean products are so well liked. I mean, the cost was half that of the rest of the cleansers in the shop and it worked incredibly well. Put that together with the other matching lines of products that they have and I can't see how you can pass that up. Of course I have not yet tried the other products that they have available but I do intend to try them in the near future.

Have you ever tried Korean cosmetics? Do you think they are worth the hype?

No comments:

Post a Comment