Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Shrine in Genka

DSC00345

 

One day while driving through some of Okinawa's villages we found ourselves at a shrine in an area of Okinawa called Genka. There is honestly not much to saw about this shrine as I am not entirely sure of it's specific purpose although I thought that it was very unique at least compared to what we usually see here in Okinawa. The colors not being simply grey as well as the shape of the roof. Another thing that I also thought was interesting about the shrine was the large amount of parking around the shrine. It was something I became curious about because of the fact that it was in a very small area where space like this seems huge.

Unfortunately as I said I do not know too much about the shrine itself. I will continue to see if I can research and if there is anything that I find out I will be sure to include it in a future post.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment