Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beating the Heat

If you come to Okinawa and are going to be here during the summer months you will soon realize that Okinawa is a hot and humid place. In fact the heat is really minor to the incredible humidity that you will encounter here. Although our temperatures here are in the 80's and 90's throughout the summertime it is not uncommon for us to have on the up side of 80 or 90% humidity. Because of this we find ourselves doing a number of things to try and deal with the weather. Between carrying around face towels and various products which will help us attempt to stay cool.

In a video which was posted on the OkiNinjaKitty Youtube Channel I had explained some of the products that I use and find helpful during the summertime. These products are common and can be found anywhere but they are so incredibly helpful.

Now I do understand that some people don't like to try Japanese products for a number of reasons. Personally my thought is go ahead and try them and see how they work for you. I felt the same way when I first got here figuring that there is no reason to spend extra money on products because who needs them right? However, one day I found myself picking up one or another of these products and when I did I realized that when in Rome, do like the Romans.

Anyway, check out the video and maybe you will feel like you can try out some products during your time here.

1 comment:

  1. I just have a question..... Will the humidity make me break out?

    ReplyDelete