Friday, June 1, 2012

Fan Mail Friday!

Today is Friday and you know what that means. . . . it's FAN MAIL DAY! On this day I will be taking time to discuss some of the comments and other "mail" that I have received from viewers so here we go.

On my video talking about outdoor activities in Okinawa I received a comment that said:
nice to know Ive been stationed here a few weeks and only have been visiting bars, im a look into all the outdoor and water shit, sounds fun ! where do u live in Okie ?

I live in Ginowan. Short sweet and to the point but a question answered nonetheless.

I also received a comment on my Youtube page which said
Hey, K! My wife and I are visiting Okinawa in November, I've found several ryokan online, but since you are kind of a local, I thought I'd get your opinion: can you recommend any traditional, futons-on-the-tatami lodgings? We were thinking of Naha and then doing day trips.

I am so glad to hear that you are planning on coming to Okinawa. Truthfully, however, as much as I would love to offer advice on a good ryokan to stay in I honestly don't know of any. Okinawa is small and many of the places one might visit don't require overnight stays so I never find myself in the market. The only hotel that I have ever even had experience with was the Beach Tower Hotel in Mihama which is beautiful. When my parents came out this way they stayed in this hotel and loved it so I can mention that, however, I do know that it is western style with beds and such so not necessarily what you are looking for.  The only piece of advise that I can offer is have a good idea of what it is that you would like to do while you are here. This will allow you to determine where you really want your hotel to be. I personal would go for a location in the central Okinawa area only because the travel distance to some places like up north or down south is literally cut in half where as if you are in Naha and want to go to Hedo for example you will find yourself exhausted from the long trip and traveling through traffic at the end of the day. So that is just something to think about.

I have also been getting various questions regarding weather in Okinawa which you can see I have responded to here in this blog post. In the upcoming VLOG that will go along with this post you can also hear me talking about the weather also. Thanks so much for reading and thanks so much for the messages and mail. If you would like to shoot me a message in the future please feel free to at okininjakiity@yahoo.com or check out the Facebook page. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment